Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Breakup Letter

I got this great idea from my friend L.J.! She wrote a Dear John type letter to Writer's Block, breaking up with it. Below is mines, but what would you write to Writer's Block?



My letter to Writer’s Block:

Dear Writer’s Block,
I am going to be up front and tell you that me and you are done! The time we shared I could never forget in a million years. You were able to bring out the best of me on numerous occasions. For some reason you always liked being on top, but I did everything in my power to change positions. Looking down into your eyes from above, brought me to level of pleasure I’ve never experienced in my life. I was doing things I never knew I could do. I want to confess that you were my first roadblock on my path of success. I became addicted to you, and you were drug of choice. Over the years, you have kept returning to me and I was there with open arms ready to embrace you. I was a fool in love with the excitement you brought into my life. I didn’t want to stand on my own two feet because I was depending on you to challenge me once again.

You knew very well what kind of person I was before you got with me. I was jealous of everyone who had you when you were not with me. I knew the things you could do to a person and I envied them. I noticed when your other lovers had gotten over you; they were more confident and brilliant than ever before. They made me remember our first time together and it made me longing for your return.


Even when I first got over losing you the millionth time, I entertained the thought of you coming back into my life. You reminded me of that Beyonce song “irreplaceable”. The lyric of that song describes how I am happy you are no longer with me. I have new lovers in my life and they are inspiring, creative and show me nothing but unconditional love. I sing these two verses from the song in memory of you:

To the left, to the left
To the left, to the left
To the left, to the left
Everything you own in the box to the left
To the left, to the left
Don't you ever for a second get to thinking you're irreplaceable

You must not know 'bout me
You must not know 'bout me
I can have another you in a minute
Matter fact he'll be here in a minute, baby


Good bye forever,
R.N.

P.S. Its you with the problem, not me!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to have that song in my head all night now. LOL Great letter Rene! Hope he never comes back to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! At first, I thought Writers Block was the name of a critique group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. L.J. I ain't allowing W.B. back into my life again :)

    Thanks for the concept girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby you crazy! lol

    I am too afraid to be involved with a critique group :P

    ReplyDelete